Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fresh Pies

This year for Christmas I got a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, the Professional 600.  It is pretty bad ass.  Figured I would put it to use this weekend and make some fresh pies.  I used to make fresh pies in college, but I was never thrilled with how the dough would come out.  I recently found a recipe for cold fermented dough and decided to give it a try.  Unlike most yeast doughs, the recipe called for ice water and after the kneading process it proofed in the fridge for 24 hours.  Came out great, better than any dough I've ever made. 

I made one pie with some sauteed portabello mushrooms.  Seegs made the second pie which had roasted garlic as the 'sauce' and was topped with caramelized onions and goat cheese.

- Lunch pail

No comments:

Post a Comment