Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Country Pancake House - Ridgewood, NJ

While watching reruns of the Chow Down Countdown on the Travel Channel this weekend I realized I had a picture from the Country Pancake House in Ridgewood, NJ that I had not yet published.  Seegs, Serious Meat, and I took a trip there a while ago on a Sunday morning.  I have been there a few times before and expected there to be a line.  It was about an hour wait, but knowing how good the breakfast was going to be made the hour wait easier to handle.

The menu consists of over 90 pancakes, 50 types of waffles, about 75 egg/omelet options, and that is just the breakfast menu!  While waiting for your food to be prepared, they give each table a basket of cornbread and chocolate chip cornbread, which are both phenomenal.  Serious Meat and I went with the corned beef has and eggs plate with carpet bagger pancakes (pictured below).  Notice the size of the pancake that comes with an egg breakfast.  They give you two, and these are considered the small ones.  Seegs ordered he Gouda Cheese french toast which she took 2 bites of, realized it was a terrible decision to order that mess, and proceeded to eat off of my plate.

If you don't mind a long wait, or are willing to wake up early on a weekend, get some breakfast at the Country Pancake House.  You will not be disappointed.  http://www.countrypancakehouse.net/

Next time I go I think I will order the turkey club sandwich.  The table next to us ordered it and it took all of my power not to ask them for a bite of it.

- Lunch Pail


No comments:

Post a Comment