Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Lefteris Gyro - Tarrytown, NY

I recently moved to Tarrytown, NY, and am in the process of finding new places to eat at.  Everyone that I have spoken to so far has recommended Lefteris.  This past weekend I went for lunch, and the food stood up to all of the hype.  I went with an order of Skordali to start, which is a garlic and potato dip.  Think extremely garlicky mashed potatoes, but creamy enough to dip pita into.  I followed that up with the Gyro.  It was phenomenal and the best Gyro that I have ever had.  The pita was warm, the lamb was flavorful and not greasy, the tatziki was on point, and they had the right amount of lettuce, tomato, and onion.  The restaurant was busy with outdoor and indoor seating, but the service was great and the food came out quick and hot. 

I imagine that I will be eating at Lefteris often, as this meal was delicious, and everything else on the menu looked awesome.

- Lunch Pail

Gyro

No comments:

Post a Comment