Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Graduation Feast

There are 4 kids in my family and after each of our high school graduations we had Chinese food for dinner, so I guess you can say it is a family tradition.  Cheechman (the youngest of the 4) graduated recently and knowing that Chinese was on the menu was the only thing that got me through the 2.5 hr long ceremony. 

We had 10 people attending this feast and I was in charge of ordering.  I know the tastes of my family pretty well, but I was thrown a curve ball when Cheechie told me to order him Sweet N Sour chicken.  For as long as I can remember, Cheech was a General Tso's guy, so I was shocked/appalled that he made the switch to sweet and sour, which in my opinion is one of the worst items on the Chinese menu.

The order was broken down as follows (all large):

2 - General Tso's Chicken
1 - Sesame Chicken
2 - Boneless Ribs
1 - Chicken and Broccoli w/ Garlic Sauce
1 - Shrimp w/ Black Bean Sauce
1 - Pork Chow Mein
1 - Beef Lo Mein
1 - Pork Fried Rice
1 - Chicken Fried Rice
1 - Hot n Sour Soup
2 - Crab Rangoons
10 - Egg Rolls

This was ordered from Lucky House in Monroe, NY.  It isn't my favorite place in my hometown, but it is one of the better ones. 

All in all this was a great family dinner which had a ton of laughs and a few Bud Lights.

- Lunch Pail

Nice Sampler Plate

1 comment:

  1. This order sounds like complete butt

    ReplyDelete