Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lubins -N- Links - Tarrytown, NY

A couple of weekends ago Serious Meat and I went to Lubins -N- Links in Tarrytown, NY as part of his going away party.  I figured a proper send off would be a couple of dogs and a day at the pool.  This place offers a beef hot dog or as they call them, links, either skinless or natural casing, and almost 20 toppings that you can mix or match, or you can just go with one of their many signature dogs.  I was unaware about the natural casing dog until after I ordered, so by default we were served the skinless kind.  We each had a Spicy Link (Chili, Spicy Kraut, Hot Cherry Peppers), my second link was with brown mustard, spicy onions, and kraut, and Serious Meat's second dog was a Junkyard Dog (Chili, Cheese Sauce, Crumbled Bacon, Jalapenos, Chopped Onions).  Our lady friends came along with us, and each of them enjoyed a Spicy Link also.  Sarah F. aka #2, stated "This is the best hot dog I have ever had".  I agree with her that it was very good and within my top 5 establishments, but I cannot say it was the best I ever had.  Maybe when I go back and have a natural casing dog my opinion will change.

As a bonus, Bo Nuts ordered a Lubin to top things off.  From their website: "A Lubin is our own creation made of seasoned, slow roasted, tender and delicious beef, sliced and served on a hot dog bun (it actually falls apart because it's so tender!)."  Similar to the links, the lubin can be topped with a number of toppings.  Bo went with the Ranch-O-Lubin (Crumbled Bacon, Ranch Dressing, Chopped Onions).  I had a taste of it.  It was decent, the beef was a little dry, and preferred the links over the lubins.

All in all this was a great find, and I am sure I will not be a stranger to this place while living in Tarrytown.  The only shame is that Bo has moved up to Boston for the time being and will not be able to enjoy it with me.

- Lunch Pail

Spicy Link (L) and Spicy Onions and Kraut (R)
Inside Look: Spicy Link
Inside Look: Spicy Onions and Kraut
Junkyard Dog
Inside Look: Junkyard
Ranch-O-Lubin

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 06, 2010

    I really like switching up the pre-defined configurations, replacing the link for lubin or vice versa (e.g., "Nacho Lubin" or "Geej-a-Link" ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good idea, I will have to do that the next time you go? Have you ever had any of their other food their besides their Lubins and Links?

    ReplyDelete