Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Coach Diner, White Plains, NY - Part 1

During hot dog week I got an email from GRPD and Hank asking me if sausage can be considered for hot dog week.  I said if it is on a bun, it is debatable, and to send me the post and I will consider to post it during HDW or not.  Key fact they forget to include in the email is that the sausage was part of a sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich from a diner, which makes it an egg sandwich, and not a hot dog. 

Anyway, this S.E.C looks great and the addition of the fries was a nice touch.  At first I thought the bread was a hamburger bun, which would have resulted in some demerits, but after further review it looks like a nice hard roll.  Also, I prefer the patty style sausage as compared to the links when it comes to an S.E.C.  I know I am not the only one who has the same opinion, Dennis' fiance, Lauren Macri, has said the same thing on more than one occasion.

Here is what GRPD has to say...
"So the plan was to do a combined White Plains Coach Diner post since I got two incredible meals there on back to back nights this past weekend (when I say incredible keep in mind I was not sober at the time of making this judgment). However, when I showed this creation to Hank, he said this definitely qualifies for hot dog week. It is on a roll which some may consider a bun but this is debatable. So here is round 1 at the Coach Diner. If you don't think this qualifies for hot dog week you should take it up with Hank as he insisted this counts or give us your thoughts in the comment section below.
The fun doesn't end after last call. To start out, I usually like to order Chocolate Chip Pancakes ("CCP") for the table (not pictured here in round 1).  People always appreciate CCP for the table, it's a nice thing to do... especially when nobody knows what they want yet, it can be hard to decide what you want after a night of boozing.
For my main course I ordered sausage, egg and cheese on a roll with two eggs sunny side up. This order exceeded my expectations because it came with whole sausage links, not a patty like most places use. I added salt, pepper, french fries and lots of ketchup to this dish. I must say it really hit the spot. The service was also pretty good although I had to grab some napkins off the empty table next to me. As you could imagine, the ambiance at 4am has some room for improvement. Overall, round 1 was a nice experience. Lesson learned: late night dining, like regular dining, is only as good as what you make of it."
 
- GRPD
 
GRPD's not-so hot dog week Sausage, Egg, and Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment