Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

It was a pretty mild super bowl for me this year.  I didn't go to a party and didn't even buy boxes or make any other bets.  It was a pretty lazy day, I watched 7 episodes of Weeds season 4 and while waiting for the ribs to marinate.

My menu did not include anything too wild or over the top, but it was broken down as follow:  Your standard bowls of chips, pepperoni and cheese platter with crackers, my dad made some stuffed jalapenos with chorizzo and cheddar, Seegs made a hot crab dip, I made some Korean style beef short ribs, my mom made some fried rice and broccoli, and mint chocolate chip ice cream at half time.

The stuffed peppers and the crab dip were probably the highlight, the ribs were disappointing.  The marinde was very good, but the ribs themselves were pretty fatty so there ended up being alot of waste.  I got them cut 'flanken style' which is a 1/2 strip of 4 ribs cut accross the bone.I will use the marinade in the future, but on a different cut of meat.  Probably a ribeye pounded out thin and quickely cooked on a hot grill.

The marinade was made up of the following, next tim I might add a little thai chili to it:
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 green onions
10-15 cloves of chopped garlic

Here is a picture of my plate from last night....

No comments:

Post a Comment