Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Hamburger Helper - The Good Slop

Hamburger Helper is some of the best slop on earth, and I am using slop as a term of endearment.  I don't know how Betty Crocker did it, but it is amazing how good 1 lb. of meat, 1 packet of slop mix, 2 cups of water, 1 cup of milk, and 15 minutes can taste. 
It makes for a great dinner in a pinch and you do not have to be a 5 star chef to make it.
Growing up my mom hated making this stuff and would refuse to make it no matter how hard we begged.  She claimed it was gross and disgusting.  We only really ate it when she was away and my dad was in charge of dinner.  I never understand how she could say such horrible things about the slop, it is ground meat (you can choose good quality beef like 93/7, or even use ground turkey), pasta, and spices. 
I don't eat it often, but when I do, I go with the Beef Pasta slop mix and will generally use ground turkey.  I have tried some of the others like cheeseburger pasta and cheese enchilada, but Beef Pasta is the best.  Like a good chili or homemade soup, this slop is usally better reheated the next day.

- Lunch Pail

Long Live the Slop!

No comments:

Post a Comment