Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Little Buddha - Stamford, CT

I hate to say it, but it looks like Kits Thai Kitchen has some competion in Stamford.  A couple of weeks ago Sarah and I tried Little Buddha on Summer St. across from the Ridegeway Plaza.  It is much smaller than Kits. but the kitchen is surrounded by glass so you can see them cooking your food which I thought was pretty cool.

We shared an order of the Cauliflower Manchurian as an appetizer and each had Chicken Curry for dinner.  I went with the Red and Sarah had Green.  The cauliflower was awesome.  It was stir fried in this spicy sauce and coated the cauliflower nicely.  It remined me of a general tsos sauce, but this had chunks of garlic and green onion.  I highly recommend it.  As for the curry, I thought it was better than Kits.  The chicken was tender and tasted better, the sauce was creamier, and the spice and portion size were relatively the same.  The downer is that it was more expensive than Kits.  A curry dinner at Little Buddha was $15 versus $12.75 at Kits Thai.  Also, they sat us in the back corner of the restaurant because I was wearing my red and black lumberjack pants.  I felt that was an unneccessary move considering there were plenty of seats in the front of the restaurant.  Sorry if I want to be comfortable.

The ultimate test to determine which Thai place is better will be the drunken noodles.  I will try them within the next few weeks and let you know how they are compared to Kits.

- Lunch Pail

Cauliflower Manchurian


Red Curry w/ Chicken


1 comment:

  1. This place has a better appetizer selection than Kits. The potatoe curry puffs are awesome.

    ReplyDelete