Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Parm Combo

GRPD is starting to step up his sandwich creativity....

"Engagement team management has boycotted the corporate cafeteria since I have been out here. Word has it that this has been going on for quite some time now due to a ‘slimy chicken’ incident which occurred several years ago. And I wasn’t complaining because the food in the surrounding area has been just fine. Unfortunately, we have had turn-over on our team. This has led to continued use of the Corporate Cafeteria.

Today, for the very first time, we got to go down to the cafeteria for a team lunch. It was set-up like your usual corporate caf with a salad bar, deli counter, hot meal station, etc… But something caught our eye. Nestled in the far corner of the caf was a Grinder station. They had meatball parm, chicken parm and eggplant parm. It looked pretty good and it was priced right. Each grinder came with fries, salad and an optional drink for a small nominal fee. So I asked the sangwich guys how often they served this and they said only about once every 5 weeks. I was torn on what to go with, so I ordered a meatball parm combo and chicken parm grinder (just the sangwich). While waiting, I noticed the burgers were only $2.99, which is a steal compared to those Fraiche Burgers which cost a whopping $5.75 each. I’ll have to try them out one day. I also noticed this caf utilizes a toaster very similar to Quizknows. This caused my expectations to grow slightly. Until something tragic happened… I was served only ONE grinder with meatball parm and chicken parm. I thought I was losing it. I started asking about my other wedge until Hank pointed out what happened. Good thing for his Hank Vision. Apparently they made it a one grinder combo with meatballs AND chicken. I have never had such a thing shared on one piece of bread. My first thought…obviously this isn’t going to be enough food. So acted fast and added a nice jumbo size brownie to my order. The whole meal came to $8.10.

The sangwich was really good, and came at an unbeatable price. They were definitely generous with the amount of meat they put on this thing and the bread was nice and toasted. Jared (J-Rod, not the Subway guy) even commented on the favorable meat to bread ratio.

Lesson learned: don’t always judge it till you try it."

-GRPD

Chicken Cutlet and Meatballs doing the horizontal mambo, parm style.


No comments:

Post a Comment