Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ode to Carpaccio - Il Buco, NYC

During the holidays, Seegs and I went to see Jersey Boys followed by dinner at one of her favorite places, Il Buco down on the lower east side.  The food was delicious and the 11:15 pm dinner reservation was pretty cool.  I never thought I would accept a reservation that late, it was there first available time for that Saturday.  There menu is based on the season so I will definately be back in the Spring to eat again.

Here is what Seegs has to say about her favorite dish from one of her favorite restaurants...

"Oh how those raw ribbons of meat melt in your mouth and linger on your tastebuds. Yes, raw. This baby is beef in it's most primal form. "Carpaccio di Manzo" is what the menu reads, and it tastes even more glorious than it sounds. Bison strip loin carpaccio, fried chickpeas, black cumin, arugala, shaved parmesan cheese- with a drizzle of the purest extra virgin olive oil to top off this delicious masterpiece. Ever since I first laid eyes (and teeth) on this delicately thin sliced beef 2 years ago, I dreamed of the moment that we would reunite. And so, I'd like to thank Lunchpail for bringing carpaccio and I together again, if only for a moment, that I could once again enjoy a few savory slices of heaven. Until next time carpaccio... unfreakin'believeable."

- Seegs

Carpaccio di Manzo


My dinner - Garganelli al Ragu

Seegs' dinner - Risotto di Something (I forget the actual name, but it was really good)

No comments:

Post a Comment