Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Broccoli Rabe & Sausage

At least once a week I will make myself broccoli rabe for dinner.  I use to hate it when I was younger.  My mom would make it with sausage and orecchiette, and I would always pick out the broccoli rabe.  I don't know what happened, but one day it became my favorite vegetable.  It is healthy, easy to make, and always available at the store.  I will always pair it up with some meat, ether grilled chicken, chicken sausage, sausage, or salmon, and sometimes toss it with sausage and pasta pasta.  I didn't feel like having pasta the other night, so I decided to roast up some potatoes.  The result was a nice plate of broccolli rabe and crumbled hot sausage and some roasted parmesean potatoes.   It was a great meal that filled me up and made for a great lunch at work a couple of days later.

-Lunch Pail
Broccoli Rabe and Crumbled Hot Sausage, Garlic, Red Pepper, and Olive Oil.


Roasted Potatoes coming out of the oven


Ready to eat


Just as good for lunch a couple of days later

No comments:

Post a Comment