Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Chili Dog, Wedge Inn - Stamford, CT

I have driven past the Wedge Inn on Summer St a thousand times and always wondered if it was any good.  The have a giant chili dog neon light in the windowo so I figured I would give them a try.  Overall, the chili dog was rather disappointing.  It was not split and the bun was toasted which was nice, but the hot dog itself was pretty bad.  It seemed to be over cooked, there was no snap when I bit into it, more like a thud when I bit through the not so tender dog.  The chili was good and had a lot of spice, but I have had better.  I bet if you take the Benny's Hot Dog and chili, and put it on a Wedge Inn bun, you will have a better overall chili dog.  Similar to Benny's Fast Break, the best part of the meal was the fries.  The Curley fries were crispy and served hot.  Next time I go there, if I do go there again, I should rely more on the name of the place than the neon sign.  I should stick to a sandwich, or a wedge as they say in CT, since it is called the Wedge Inn.

- Lunch Pail

Chili dog with Mustard and some Curley Fries.

2 comments:

  1. I've been to the wedge in, never got the fries before, but their wedges are pretty good. The chicken cutlets were solid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curley fires are solid, I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete