Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yo, Angelo! I DID IT!

My buddy Snee thought it would be nice to treat his wife, Annie Babes, to a nice Italian dinner the other night at Angelo's in Harriman, NY.  I have been there a few times with my family, Serious Meat, Seegs, and even went one night with Snee.  I must say Snee gave proper credit to this place.  Everything I have eaten there has been great, and their chicken cutlet is awesome.  It seems like they butterfly it and pound it real thin, which to me, is the best way to have a cutlet.  What Snee forgot to mention was that this place is BYOB, which makes it real light on the wallet.  I am sure I will also post about my experience here in the future since I also like to try new things.  Next time you are shopping at Woodbury Commons try to plan a lunch or dinner here, you won't be dissapointed.

I have had the stuffed mushrooms before, and they are great.  They are not stuffed with bread crumbs like most stuffed mushrooms, Angelos stuffs them with sausage and other seasoning.  I will try to get a picture of them the next time I am there.

Here is what Snee had to say...

"Being German and Irish, a "Homestyle Italian Meal" makes as much sense to me as carrying a dental dam in your wallet. However, there's a little gem of an Italian restaurant in Harriman, NY called Angelo's...about a mile and a half from my estate that serves some of the best away-from-home-homestyle-Italian food in the area. I believe they were voted Best Italian Restaurant in Orange AND Rockland Counties. Regardless...

Started off with the stuffed mushroom which no matter where you go, is always a hit-or-miss item. The stuffed mushrooms here are so far batting 1.000. I don't know exactly what's in them, and I would have gotten a picture of them if I didn't dominate them so fast, but needles to say they made the front of my pants get very tight. Next up I had the manicotti, or "man-eh-GOT" as my Italian friends would say. This brings up a point...this is the first time I've ordered that entree there, and I always try to get something different every time. I don't believe you can fully recommend a restaurant and say, "Oh, the food there is delicious!" if you have the same thing everytime. I've had about 10 different things from this place and I can firmly say, "The food there is delicious."

The wife on the otherhand gets her chicken with tomatoes and fresh MUTZ every single time she goes. In her case, it's the REASON she goes because she loves it so much, so I don't blame her for not trying other things. (I'm being nice because she'll probably read this and I have to live with her.)

If you're ever in the area...it's a must."
- Snee
 
Nice Manicotti smotherd in sauce and cheese.


Grilled Chicken Cutlet with Fresh Mutz, Tomatoes, and Basil. 

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those stuffed mushrehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete