Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bagel in the Morning

The bagel is a staple in the American diet.  Along with, pizza, buffalo wings, hot dogs, and burgers.  I figured this would be a good time to start posting about where to eat and share our thoughts on these essentials to a happy life.

After I dropped my dry cleaning off this morning I decided to pick up breakfast at Liz Sue Bagels which is a few doors down from my dry cleaner.  I have been to this place before, and it is not the best bagel I have ever had, and its not the worst I ever had.  It was a good bagel.  Decent crust and there are relatively light for their thickness.  I think they do the boil and bake approach.  I decided to go with an everything bagel with lox spread and tomatoes.  I hate when places glod on cream cheese, its gross.  Serious Meat gave me a tip when ordering a bagel, ask for just a "smear" of the topping you want.  I used his advice this morning and it worked.  The best part of this bagel is that the seasonings are on the top and bottom of the bagel.  It adds a nice touch.

My only gripe with this place is their egg sandwhiches.  They don't cook them on a flat top, but the egg, cheese, and your choice of meat is dropped in a plastic container and microwaved.  It is a real kick to the pills with the way that they make them.  I will not waste anymore time on these egg sandwiches.  if you have a different opionion, excercise your rights and let us know.

- Lunch Pail



3 comments:

  1. Franks Red Hot is the utility infielder of the kitchen. You can put it on anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is the #1 hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's not lying. This place once gave me a double everything Sausage Egg Cheese, and the sausage was still frozen. I guess these mo'fos can't even follow microwave instructions.

    ReplyDelete