Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Work With What You Have

For those who know me, they know I'm the guy that works with whatever I have in the kitchen. I'm king of the kitchen concoction. After about 30 minutes of driving around the upper east side looking for a parking spot the gym was totally out of the question. With that said, I thought it was probably a good idea to cook something healthy rather than order out. I get home and quickly get into my cooking gear (my underwear).

As I scour the kitchen to cook my feast I come across virtually nothing that makes sense from a cooking standpoint. But like I said, I work with what I have. First, I made myself an appetizer. A peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread. It was the first time I tried such a sandwich, it was pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good. The bananas were sliced just right and there was just the right amount of peanut butter. Don't want too much PB, it will dominate the sandwich.

The sandwich gave me enough time to pick the final ingredients for the main course, and let me tell you, most of what I had laying around the kitchen was invited to the party. I started off cooking some whole wheat pasta on the left side of the stove, and some grilled chicken on the right side. This gave me a good 12 minutes to workout. Pushups and situps, 5 sets of 20, nothing crazy but good for a decent pump, before dinner.

As the pasta and chicken were finishing up, it was time to prepare the rest of the meal which consisted of chopping up half of an avacado, dicing up a hard boiled egg and cutting up a pollio string cheese. After about 14 minutes everything was ready, to create the ultimate dinner. First, I poured the pasta into the bowl, followed by the grilled chicken, hard boiled egg, avacado, and lastly the string cheese. I topped it off with some Franks Hot Sauce, and mixed and mashed for about a minute. In 14 minutes I made myself an absolute grade A meal.

Not only did I have a variety of food groups but the taste was explosive.

- Firecracker

No comments:

Post a Comment