Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday Lunch

The best part of Thanksgiving is the following day's sandwich that can be made from all of the left overs.  I usually start thinking about the sandwich in the beginning of the week to make sure I do not miss any key items.  Serious Meat and I made a quick trip the convenience store mid morning on Friday to get some rolls and American cheese.  Suprisingly, the convenience store has some great rolls.  I went with a club roll and Serious Meat opted for an Onion roll.  Hopefully Serious Meat will do a write up about his sandwich.  Although I made it for him, I don't want to misrepresent his feelings in anyway. 

The club roll had a nice crust and soft center, and was the optimal jumping off point for this sandwich.  Working from the bottom to the top, the sandwich consisted of American cheese, Stuffing**, Ham, Turkey, Stuffed Mushrooms, and Ranch dressing.  The 5 key players (Ranch is a condiment and considered the 6th man) in this sandwich really worked well together and highlighted each others strengths and hid the weaknesses.  My money is on this starting 5 over the New York Knicks anyday.

In most athletic rosters the "**" indicates the captain of the team, and it is no different here.  The captain of the 2009 Black Friday Sandwich is the Stuffing.  This isn't your run of the mill Stove Top Stuffing, no way, no way.  This stuffing was made by Big D and as usual, it never fails.  This stuffing includes the standard breading, celery, onion, carrot, and chicken broth, but those are just the pawns to the main ingredient...Sausage!  If you have never had this kind of stuffing, I am sorry.  Let me know and I will get you the recipe.

Note:  A key player that did not make the team this year was the side of brown gravy.  Somehow all of the gravy ended up in the freezer and I didn't feel like waiting for it to defrost.

- Lunch Pail

Nice Layer of Ranch to Top it Off.


Cross section shot with a pint of Arnold Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment