Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Drunken Noodles - Kits Thai, Stamford, CT

I have never had Thai food until I moved to Stamford and the first time I had it was at Kits Thai Kitchen.  This place is awesome.  It is small restaurant that produces great food and offers take out and delivery.  I have tried their curry dishes, soft shell crab, pad thai, stir fry's, their chicken and fish dishes and quite a few of the appetizers, but the best thing on the menu has to be the Drunken Noodles.  My girlfriend is a fan of the red curry, but whenever I get the Drunken Noodles she always tends to be reaching on to my plate.  They are fat wide rice noodles with onions, peppers, thai basil, eggs, and carrots, stir fried with this spicy chili and garlic paste.  I usually rotate between chicken, beef, or shrimp.  They don't get you drunk, but they always seem to cure my hang over and are even  great to eat cold the following morning, if they survive the night. 

The other night I went with the beef Drunken Noodles and the chicken and shrimp dumplings and I was not disappointed.  The dumplings are dim sum style and is a mix of chicken, shrimp, and mushrooms.  I at the rest the next day for lunch.  If you haven't eaten here yet, I highly recommend it.  I have yet to be upset with a meal that I have ordered.

- Lunch Pail


1 comment:

  1. I have had this dish many many times. It is excellent. I recommend it with extra chicken and Thai Tea (it's a funky orange color but really good).

    -GRPD

    ReplyDelete